History's Dumpster Mobile Link

History's Dumpster for Smartphones, Tablets and Old/Slow Computers http://historysdumpster.blogspot.com/?m=1

Monday, August 18, 2014

Eating Like A Trooper: 12 Days of MREs





An old friend of mine recently sent me a package - and a challenge: Review these MREs.

What are MREs?


They are Meals Ready to Eat. They are issued to army troops in combat or anywhere outside the mess hall. They are in nearly every army around the world.

And so, always up for any challenge that involves eating. Beginning tomorrow, I'm going to review each MRE. There are 12 of them in this box. Each one contains one meal. Plus other essentials in a vacuum sealed bag (necessary because soldiers do a lot of fighting in dirty areas.)

But to do this, we are not going to go on the battlefield front line (I'm totally missing out on the atmosphere and service, I know.)



My kitty, Sgt. Smokey Gato has already established his base camp....
So, I'll be eating these at home...

Stay tuned....

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spam messages will be automatically deleted