History's Dumpster Mobile Link

History's Dumpster for Smartphones, Tablets and Old/Slow Computers http://historysdumpster.blogspot.com/?m=1

Friday, April 17, 2015

The Lunch Man and Lunch Tunes Lunch Boxes (1986)



The Lunch Man and Lunch Tunes lunch boxes were basic kids lunch boxes with one striking difference; They had built-in radios and headphones.

Unfortunately, they were AM radios at a time when Top 40 radio in the US had largely moved to FM. (They still had several AM Top 40s in Canada until the early 1990s.)

And it's doubtful many teachers or school lunch ladies thought these were a good idea either...








1 comment:

  1. I remember getting one of these when I was in grade school, except it had teddy bears on it and the controls were on the right side. I got to listen to it for about 12 minutes the first day I had it before it was taken away by the principal.

    Anyway, glad I found this because I haven't found much out about these and I can't find my design/model anywhere. Glad there's at least confirmation it existed!

    ReplyDelete

Spam messages will be automatically deleted