History's Dumpster Mobile Link

History's Dumpster for Smartphones, Tablets and Old/Slow Computers http://historysdumpster.blogspot.com/?m=1

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Nad's Gel


This was sold via infomercials in the USA in the 1990s.

I once ordered a jar of this sticky goop so I could get the hair off my shoulders and back. My girlfriend at the time spread it on and said "Hold still" as she applied this stuff and the strips.

When she ripped the first strip off, every moose in Canada could hear me scream "YEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWW!!!!!!!!"

She cackled evilly, grabbed the back of my neck and ripped off the remaining strips. Which hurt worse than the first.....

Needless to say, I never ordered another jar.....

2 comments:

  1. Marketing... really bad marketing.

    Remember Ricki Lake? And how did her audience get whipped up? By shouting "Go Ricki! Go Ricki!"

    And then this stuff comes out called Nads. And all I could think of was "Go _ _ _'s!" Well, you figure it out for yourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember those informercials, and yeah, I also thought the name was rather unfortunate.

    ReplyDelete

Spam messages will be automatically deleted