History's Dumpster Mobile Link

History's Dumpster for Smartphones, Tablets and Old/Slow Computers http://historysdumpster.blogspot.com/?m=1

Tuesday, September 01, 2015

I'm Back

After a few months hiatus, (and countless e-mails and messages asking me where have I been.) I've decided to get back to this blog.

Fact is, I was burnt out. It's not that I ran out of topics to write about (I don't think I'll ever scratch that surface.) I was just too exhausted mentally as well as other things going on in my life, various side projects and other riff-raff. And I needed a nice long summer break and get reorganized. After three years, it was well deserved.

First, I want to thank everyone who did write about wanting more posts and the kind words of support. They meant a lot. The daily traffic was another indicator of how much people were interested in this blog. Sometimes reaching several thousand views a week

And while I've been active on the Facebook page the whole time, I had a number of drafts I really needed to get completed, research to do, corrections of previous posts to be made, the list goes on. There's a lot yet to do.

One of the biggest questions I'm always asked is what's the monetary value of a particular thing or item. I don't really know. I'm not an Antiques Roadshow expert in assessing things. Especially if I can't personally examine or test it.

So I always advise this; The best, if imperfect measuring rod is usually eBay. If you can find the same thing on eBay in near mint condition and price accordingly based on condition on the item you have, you may or may not have something of high value (remember even the smallest cosmetic defect can knock down the value of something significantly. Or if it's something that's very common.) As a general rule, people want something as close to new condition as possible. But they also want to pay a fair price.

I also want to thank Jason Remington and Sea-Tac Media for the shout-out. Sea-Tac Media is an amazing collection of Puget Sound broadcasting history, both radio and TV.. Updated frequently with some audio and video clips, stories from legendary Northwest radio/TV broadcasters, clippings from newspapers, etc. It's worth a daily read, so bookmark it.

And so...Onward.

Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see you're back. Looking forward to future posts!

    Thanks for all of your hard work.

    ReplyDelete

Spam messages will be automatically deleted